Dr. Peter Wielhouwer is available to speak at a variety of faith-based, civic, and home school groups. Booking Form Here
- Associate Professor of Political Science, Western Michigan University
- Previously taught at Spelman College and Regent University School of Government
- Ph.D. and M.A. in Political Science from the University of Georgia
- Areas of Expertise: Electoral Politics, Faith and Politics, Research Methods, Ethics
- More than 20 years’ teaching experience, ranging from junior/senior high through adult Bible classes, high school classes in Biblical Worldview, Apologetics, and American Government, and college classes in research methods, faith and politics, and American politics.
- Listed in the Heritage Foundation’s Policy Experts Guide in civic education and faith in the public square
- Ethics workshops and consulting provided to (among others) American University’s Campaign Management Institute, the American Association of Political Consultants, the Leadership Institute, Edward Jones, and several election campaigns.
March 22, “Ethics, Hunting and Conservation,” Trinity Lutheran Church (Paw Paw, MI), Annual Wild Game Dinner. For event information contact Jim Burns: jimburns8728 (at) gmail (dot) com
March 29, “Worldview & Apologetics Seminar,” Lighthouse Community Church (Kalamazoo, MI). for event information contact Pastor Mark Swank: markswank1 (at) gmail (dot) com
April 4, “First Things: Core Beliefs and Attitudes toward Morality Policies,” Midwest Political Science Association Annual Conference (Chicago, IL)
April 26, “Religious Liberty for Christian Educators?” Wake Up America! Conference (Richland, MI). For event information contact Robert Wheelright: robertwheelright (at) yahoo (dot) com
May 16, “Preview of the 2014 and 2016 Elections,” Shepherd’s Center Adventures in Learning workshop (Westwood Church of God, Kalamazoo, MI). For event information contact Helen Magas: helenmagas (at) yahoo (dot) com
May 29, “First Things: Core Beliefs and Attitudes toward Morality Policies,” Christians in Political Science Conference (Claremont, CA)
“Political Issue Salience and Hispanics: Results of a Radio Advertising Experiment.” Southern Political Science Association, Jan. 8-11, 2014, New Orleans, LA.
“Preview of the 2014 Elections,” Presented at the Adventures in Learning workshop, Shepherd’s Center, Westwood Church of God, Kalamazoo, MI, October 4, 2013.
“Business Ethics: Framing Ethical Choices,” A workshop developed and presented at the 2013 Edward Jones Continuing Professional Education Conference, Kalamazoo, MI October 3, 2013.
“Religion, Ideology, and Voter Turnout.” Henry Institute Symposium on Religion and Public Life, April 25-27, 2013, Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI.
“Republican Politics after the 2012 Elections,” Presented at the Calhoun County Tea Party monthly meeting, Battle Creek, MI, March 28, 2013.
“Teaching Social Science and Worldview to Mixed-Age Groups.” Talk given to the OASIS Home School Support Group, Paw Paw, MI, March 4, 2013.
“Republican Politics after the 2012 Elections,” Presented at the Calhoun County Republican Women’s Association monthly luncheon, Kalamazoo, MI, Feb. 11, 2013.
“Republican Politics after the 2012 Elections,” Presented at the Kalamazoo Republican Women’s Association monthly luncheon, Kalamazoo, MI, Jan. 23, 2013.
“Michigan’s 2012 Ballot Proposals,” October 29, 2012; sponsored by Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity
“Evaluating the Obama and Romney Campaigns,” “2012 Elections Overview, and “Elections and Policy Development,” Presented at Taylor University, Upland, IN, Oct. 15, 2012.
“Christian Citizenship in Post-Christian America,” Christian Heritage Conference, Richland, MI, Sept. 29, 2012.